Wednesday, 24 May 2017

So I Listened to... Hatred Day.


This story summary is a hard one to write, as it is a story I really don't want to give any spoilers on. What I can say about it, is that it pulls you in easily and does not let go until the end. The characters are varied and engaging, the setting is both familiar and futuristic, and the writing is fantastic. That is all I will say out about the story. The purpose of this piece is to talk about the audiobook, something I will take great pleasure with.

T.S. Pettibone (the identical twin sisters of Brittany and Nicole Pettibone) certainly made a brilliant choice when they had Joe Calarco narrate their story. I would go as far as to say that it is one of the best audiobooks I have ever heard; hands down. There are voice effects for certain characters, musical pieces between the chapters, awesome sound effects, and a nice finishing note from Calarco himself. The narration of this story is awesome, each voice Calarco plays is wonderfully convincing and not once was I thrown by any of them as I have been with previous audiobooks.

The length of the audiobook is fourteen and a half hours long, one that you will take great pleasure indulging yourself into. I look forward to the next installment of this series and hope they bring Calarco back to work his magic again. Check this one out, I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment